The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst
This book (in 3 sentences):
- provides a process to make wisdom-based decisions no matter how big or small.
- has biblical scripture weaved throughout each chapter.
- shows you how to be confident when saying no.
My top 3 highlighted lines of text:
- The one who obeys God’s instruction for today will develop a keen awareness of His direction for tomorrow. (11)
- Our decisions aren’t just isolated choices. Our decisions point our lives in the directions we’re about to head. Show me a decision and I’ll show you a direction. (69)
- If God has put an assignment to serve, give, and help in front of us, He will give us what we need to fulfill that assignment. And through serving in that way, we will be refreshed and refueled. (164)
3 reasons why I think YOU should read this book:
- You will become wise and confident when making decisions about anything from dragging the kids to another birthday party to accepting a new job offer and everything in between.
- Lysa shares several personal experiences with how her decision-making process allowed her to love others and give them the best of her…hence, The Best Yes.
- You will add a decision-making process to your bag of tricks that will make the small “no” seem even smaller.
Have you read this book? If so, what were your thoughts?