This book (in 3 sentences):
- will show you how to appreciate the personality differences of your spouse.
- gives practical advice for any marriage.
- provides personal stories to align with many situations ANYONE in a marriage could face.
My top 3 highlighted lines of text:
- Early on, we learned to ask God for two things when praying about decisions: first, that He would give us His infinite wisdom and direction, and second, that He would put us on the same page. (pg 24)
- He had answered our prayers in His own timing. (pg 98-99)
- Through it all we’ve tried to build an uncommon marriage by following two basic principles: staying focused on each other and letting God lead our marriage. (pg 218)
3 reasons why I think YOU should read this book:
- You will feel encouraged in your own marriage.
- You will want to cultivate your marriage into a true partnership.
- You can actually read this book with your spouse as it gives personal stories from the viewpoint of BOTH Tony AND Lauren Dungy.
Have you read this book? If so, what were your thoughts?