I am not a fan of water. I never have been. Yet, I work out. Hard. I recently took up running and I know better. I need to drink water. If my water has lemon, I’m good to go. I will drink water all day. So, I decided to infuse lemon in my water and add some extra nutrients. And would you believe it worked? I have been drinking water NON STOP! This water is SO good and to think it’s detoxing my body. We all know the benefits of drinking water. No need to list them. I will say, the benefits of drinking water are very true. Soon enough, the frequent bathroom breaks will no longer be a nuisance.
1/2 sliced cucumber
2 sliced lemons
10-12 mint leaves
1 Gallon of water
- Slice the lemons, cucumbers and mint leaves place in a gallon pitcher. I love the lemon flavor so, I squeeze the juice from the lemon slices for extra flavor.
- Fill the pitcher with water
- Let the mixture steep overnight in the refrigerator for ultimate flavor
- Drink as MUCH or as little as you want
Here are a few health benefits:
- Cucumbers rehydrate the body, aid in digestion, and act as an anti-inflammatory.
- Lemons boost your immune system, aid in digestion, and reduce aging.
- Mint aids in digestion, settles the stomach, and naturally provides sweetness.
Disclaimer: I am by no means a medical professional, so please verify any information with your health professional.
If you decide to make the Detox water, come back and leave a comment and let me know what you think.