I am not a fan of water. I never have been. Yet, I work out. Hard. I recently took up running and I know better. I need to drink water. If my water has lemon, I’m good to go. I will drink water all day. So, I decided to infuse lemon in my water and add some extra nutrients. And would you believe it worked? I have been drinking water NON STOP! This water is SO good and to think it’s detoxing my body. We all know the benefits of drinking water. No need to list them. I will say, the benefits of drinking water are very true. Soon enough, the frequent bathroom breaks will no longer be a nuisance.
1/2 sliced cucumber
2 sliced lemons
10-12 mint leaves
1 Gallon of water
- Slice the lemons, cucumbers and mint leaves place in a gallon pitcher. I love the lemon flavor so, I squeeze the juice from the lemon slices for extra flavor.
- Fill the pitcher with water
- Let the mixture steep overnight in the refrigerator for ultimate flavor
- Drink as MUCH or as little as you want
Here are a few health benefits:
- Cucumbers rehydrate the body, aid in digestion, and act as an anti-inflammatory.
- Lemons boost your immune system, aid in digestion, and reduce aging.
- Mint aids in digestion, settles the stomach, and naturally provides sweetness.
Disclaimer: I am by no means a medical professional, so please verify any information with your health professional.
If you decide to make the Detox water, come back and leave a comment and let me know what you think.
I have found this dessert to also be called names such as Neiman Marcus Brownies or Chess Squares. I am in love with the name, Neiman Marcus Brownies, so that’s the name I’m sticking to. It sounds so…so…REGAL. This dessert is a rich, delicious treat and the amount of time and effort it takes to prepare is the icing on the cake.
This dessert is entirely too easy to make and only requires 5 ingredients. I made these for my daughter’s Thanksgiving Feast in a disposable pan. No fuss, no pan to hunt for, and the guests loved them. There was not ONE morsel left. I made an additional pan and sent some to work with husband and ended up sending more. I posted a pic on Instagram and a few asked for the recipe, so I decided to post. I love a good share!
I did not plan to post this recipe, so please excuse the lack of pictures I have to share!
NEIMAN MARCUS BROWNIES
EASY-24 SERVINGS-1 HR
1 box yellow cake mix
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
4 cups (1 lb) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg until it forms a soft dough. Press dough into the bottom of the dish.
- Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and remaining two eggs until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Pour and spread evenly on top of the crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until top is golden brown
If you give it a try, come back and leave a comment letting me know how YOUR Neiman Marcus Brownies turned out.